Monday, September 10, 2007

All hail Federer

I spent a very enjoyable 3 hours watching Federer slowly but surely crush Djokovic's resistance yesterday... I wanted the latter to win, since I'd watched him in real life at the Open last weekend, but after the first set I was pretty sure Darth Federer was going to conquer. D put up a hell of a fight though, & of course it's easy for me to say from the comfort of the sofa, but I think when he figures out how to calm himself & re-focus when things don't go his way, he'll be even more formidable. Throwing his racket wasn't exactly very mature. Anyway, in case you wanted to know, the score was 7-6 (4), 7-6 (2), 6-4. There was one point in the 2nd set when D was up 4-1 but that lead disappeared soon thereafter. Now I really really can't wait to play with SE after all this tennis excitement!!

No comments: