Friday, January 26, 2007

on the road again

I'm packing for my weekend trip to Vegas with Nice Lawyer tomorrow, & unpacking the booty from my long shopping day. Today my favorite consignment shop, Ina, had an end-of-season sale. I was going to clean out all 4 branches but had already spent $562 after visiting 2 stores so I restrained myself. Although Jewish Princess (who was shopping with me) persuaded me to go across the street to Lunessa, an adorable & inexpensive jewelry store, where I parted with another $200. Actually it wasn't bad, considering I bought 15 items total today. & spent 1/4 of that entire sum on one fabulous Chanel lace skirt. Here are pictures!

In the beginning, there were boots: Constança Basto & Proenza Schouler.


Then there were S&M pumps. Look how pretty & Yves Saint-Laurent-y!! They were only $69 too.


Fabulous Chanel skirt that JP insisted I buy over my objections of expense, & now I'm glad:


The rest of the clothes & jewelry are great but not as amazing. Oddly enough, I'm a size 7 but all of today's shoes were 6 or 6.5. Shopping was so much fun but when I got home I was completely exhausted.

Also, I ran into this guy, Prince Charming, at the gym yesterday. I don't have the energy to go through the whole story, so in a nutshell: when we met 2.5 years ago we looked at each other & were both rendered speechless. He's a very tall, gorgeous WASP from Park Avenue, my favorite kind of guy. After 5 minutes the thought, "This is my future husband," popped into my head. I've never felt like that about anyone before or since. We kinda dated, but he lived in LA, so nothing happened even though every time we saw each other there was ridiculous chemistry. About 6 months ago he moved back to NYC. Unfortunately I had a boyfriend - & then a few boyfriends after that - & he was with some chick for a couple months as we kept running into each other at the gym or in the neighborhood & kind of went out but not really. Anyway, yesterday we had a date & it felt just as amazing as when we first met. We were little lovebirds (well, I'm little compared to him) & he walked me home & I was so excited about how well the night went that I couldn't sleep for hours. I guess I should be grateful that I have such a fun dilemma - which of three (so far) wonderful guys should I choose?

Oops, it's getting late. I have a manicure, pedicure & voice lesson all before noon tomorrow & I still haven't packed. Will tell you guys how amazing & fun Vegas was when I get back. :) Wish me luck at the tables!

No comments: