Tuesday, October 10, 2006

sweet waitress

On Sunday after dance class with Dancer friend we got some food at Yakitori Taisho on St. Mark's. It's this busy, crowded Japanese place that serves lots of appetizers as well as some main dishes & it's very yummy. The funniest part, though, was that when the waitress took my AmEx Butterfly card, she brought it back to me taped up. This is a credit card that folds up into a holder on my keychain. I love it - it lets me leave my wallet in my overstuffed purse. Although every time I use it, I have to tell people it's supposed to bend because otherwise they freak out & think it's broken. Now, I have been using it for at least 3 months & never once, anywhere, has it been brought back to me meticulously taped up. I was touched by how sweet our waitress was while at the same time annoyed because I had to pull all the tape off. Dancer & I had a good laugh about that.

No comments: