Monday, December 11, 2006

Asurion convert

I have insurance on my Treo 600, since it was an expensive phone, & it kinda doesn't work so well anymore so I called Asurion last week. They sent a replacement phone that buzzes during all sounds. Within 1 week I can replace a replacement, so I called yesterday to do that. The guy asked if I'd charged my phone for 12 hours. No, of course I hadn't, you can't do that with Treos or it will fuck up the battery. When I got the new one it was already charged so I left it alone. He argued with me politely that I had to follow the activation instructions. I argued less politely that I didn't want to break the battery & the problem was the sound, possibly something loose internally, not battery life. He told me to charge it up for 12 hours & then call back. It made me really mad but I said fine. Today I called back after following orders, happened to get the same guy, & we reset it, which didn't fix anything. So he said he was very sorry I was having difficulties & could he make up for the annoyance with a free upgrade to a Treo 650 or 700? I was floored. Asurion has been nice the last 4 times I had to get my phone replaced but this was above & beyond. I did some research online & called back to get a 700p. I couldn't believe it! Now that is real customer service. I'm so happy, I can't wait until I get the new phone tomorrow.

No comments: