Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Could he be any sweeter?

Oh my god - I just saw Tech Exec. All day we were trying to schedule when we could meet up & I could tell the poor guy was frazzled & exhausted, but he insisted, "I don't know where or when but I am definitely seeing you tonight." We've talked every day but I last saw him Thursday, & I'll be in Aruba for ten days with my family. We settle on him coming uptown to hang out - his considerate idea. I need to pack before the shuttle picks me up at 5:30 so staying in my area is awesome but I live about 70 blocks up from him, so I am pleasantly surprised at his willingness to make the trek.

My dear sweet man arrives bearing a dozen red roses. Not crappy corner deli roses, either - these are luscious, blood-red beauties. I'm almost in shock, I can't believe how sweet he is. "You didn't have to!" I exclaim, to which he replies that of course he wants to make up for not being around the last few days. He even insists on putting them in a vase for me. The gesture is even more darling & extravagant since we both know I'm leaving in a few hours. Although we've discussed just staying in, he immediately says we can go out to dinner if I want, & he really seems to mean it even though he's obviously tired. Of course I demur, & after he shows how much he missed me, we order up $120 worth of sushi from the fantastic little place down the block. I think it was all the à la carte sushi & sashimi that made it that much. We have fun cuddling on the couch, watching South Park & devouring yummy food. When I come back from taking out our trash despite his protests, he is apparently so bereft by my two minute absence that we end up in bed again. (This is twice in 1.5 hours.)

Then he starts putting on his suit to go home since he needs to get up early. I'm absolutely floored. I thought he was staying over, I had no idea he made the whole journey just to see me for two hours. I can't believe how thoughtful he is. The flowers, the way he keeps asking which hotel I'm staying in so he can call me, the snuggling... I think I'm starting to fall for him. & the way he's acting is exactly how I imagine someone who loved me would act. I'm so used to neglect, I guess I gave up hope on guys behaving properly. Wow. Oh & when he left, he said "I love you." It wasn't the super serious kind but I could tell he meant more than the "Love you" he started saying recently. This time I said it back. :)

No comments: