Sunday, December 10, 2006

action-packed week

I've had the craziest week of working, shopping, partying, fucking & exercising. Let's see - Tuesday was the GenArt sale & capoeira with Brooklyn Hottie, all pretty fun. We got some sushi on St. Mark's place afterwards & Tech Exec met us there & then we (TE & I) went to his apartment nearby. He is such a stand-up guy, especially compared to my ex - if that had been the ex, he would have just said "come over when you're done." Instead, TE came to hang out with us, grabbed the check away, & insisted that we take a cab the three blocks to his house because "princess, you're shivering." He calls me princess because I mentioned I love that nickname the first time we met. More importantly, he generally treats me like a princess too. He called himself my boyfriend that night, which was really sweet. & he has more energy than I know what to do with. We got home & had sex twice before bed, he woke me up at 3:30 to do it again, & if he hadn't overslept we would have done it before work too.

Wednesday TE took me & Fashionista to a client dinner at Buddha Bar. The food's great there, although the place is a little loud. I was talking to his boss by the bar while we waited for our table & Tech Boss says, "I see why [he] is falling for you more & more. But don't tell him I told you that." I was like wow! I really didn't take TE seriously before, knowing that he dates a lot of beautiful young models & is quite the player. Lately with all that's been happening, I'm starting to look at him differently. Anyhow, I made sure the clients had a great time, intelligent conversation-wise, & TE & I somehow stumbled home (don't mix red wine & copious cocktails) & pretty much had sex all night until he had to get up a couple hours later. His firm is signing a contract with those very same clients next week, which makes me feel like I helped.

Thursday I had a session with a strange guy who may have been high on coke. It was fun despite that - I got to break a cane on him. Well, he did ask me to cane him bloody (I did not, too dangerous with a new client). Then I had one of the best shopping trips of my life. There was a crazy Sigerson Morrison sale, where all the shoes were $60 or $40. These shoes retail for $350 & up - one pair I bought was $515. Made me wonder if the inventory fell off the back of a truck. I picked up only 2 pairs after some disciplined decision-making. Next stop: my favorite consignment shop, Ina, where I got a Michael Kors leather jacket for $125, fierce Burberry cargo pants for $75 & an incredible S&M-looking big purse by Jennifer Scott for $150. It's embossed leather that looks like crocodile & has all these straps & hardware. I love it so much I've been carrying it around every day even when I don't really need to. Although everything was a ridiculously good deal, it was still a lot - I think I got too excited by Sunday's cash.

Thursday night I wore the new pants & jacket out with Hollywood Ex & Jewish Princess, whom I was trying to set up. JP was extremely not zen. She got especially frazzled because of the bitter cold & I felt terrible because this was HE's first time meeting her & she was basically being an ass. I did explain to him that she's usually not like that. She went home early, he went back to his hotel after we had a drink, & I met up with Cute Gay Guy. We ended up at Guesthouse & Home where I discovered that I, too, can choreograph! I made up a club-friendly Sexyback dance (the combinations we learn in dance class generally require too much space) & almost got into a fight with a big guy I rejected. I politely gestured no thanks, I was dancing with CGG; the gorilla grabbed my arm really hard & shouted something I couldn't hear over the music. I wanted to shove him or something but I could tell he was at least 3 times stronger than me so I contented myself with screaming at him not to fucking touch me. Very scary. It reminded me of a quote from The Gift of Fear: "At core, men are afraid women will laugh at them, while at core, women are afraid men will kill them." Good thing he walked away & we left shortly thereafter. Spent the rest of the night hanging out with CGG & talking about everything... really meant to go to dance class at 11 but I left his apartment a little too late & was too jittery to do a good job dancing, so I wisely opted to take a nap instead.

Friday I had an orchestra rehearsal in NJ & then a fashion party back in the city. Took Brooklyn Hottie, who pulled out all the stops to look super sexy. We went to Crobar after, where we danced a lot, even on top of the bar for a couple minutes, & met a cute bartender. BH stayed over (platonically) & we went down to Chinatown for lunch the next day. I had a liquor promo that night, & I was so exhausted from my very busy week & lack of sleep that I just went home afterwards. Today has been a lazy day. I did dance class & have been napping for the last 5 hours. TE finally got back to me - I hadn't heard from him since he said "Love you miss you have a great day Princess" Thursday morning - saying he was flying out to the clients from Wednesday. I was worried about him before, & now I'm a little pissed that he was too busy to say hi for 4 days, but he seems to take his work ultra seriously so I'll wait & see what happens when he gets back. It sucks because I was just starting to take him seriously & I feel like this is a huge step back. Anyway, I have got to get at least something done today. 'Til next time...

No comments: