Sunday, December 03, 2006

adventures in NYC nightlife

Sorry for not posting - I had a long weekend, as usual. Thursday night I had a session & a date with Brooklyn Hottie. We tried this new place in Soho called Bar Martignetti. It was their opening night & the place was packed with beautiful people. In the chaos, though, the kitchen lost our food ticket & we sat there drinking for over an hour. But the waitress & manager were super apologetic & surprisingly, took care of our entire bill. The food is great French bistro style, kind of like Odeon in Tribeca, & it all worked out for the best because the place is not exactly easy on the wallet. Afterwards we heard Junior Vasquez spin at Ultra (he rocks!) & went home early.

Friday was clubbing with Tech Exec, his boss, client & some British girls. We hit Nikki's in midtown & then Manor, where I ran into Handsome Young Guy & he apologized for being an ass. He was inordinately (& a bit puzzlingly) excited & happy to see me. We had a good talk, he wasn't back with his ex as I had heard, & who knows, we might go out again. Thank goodness his table was all the way in the back & TE's was near the front, or we might have had a repeat of the HYG/Hedge Funder fiasco. Went home with TE, who really impressed me with his stamina. He is inexhaustible! I had to tell him no the 3rd time after we got home because I was sore. I know he's a player but I don't think I've ever gone out with a guy who was so sweet & reliable. Not quite sure what to think - he's said some things that make me think he's modelizing for fun until someone serious comes along. I don't know, my intuition isn't the best when it comes to guys.

Saturday I went to martial arts yoga class & then lunch at L'Annam with an old friend/date. We went out about 3.5 years ago but nothing really happened. It was fun to catch up & oh my god the food is good there. The beef sate appetizer is so yummy & my chow fun was great too. Next stop: Barrow St. Bar with Fashionista for the USC v. UCLA game. I don't care about football - in fact, I think it's kinda silly for men to run around wearing pads & deliberately crashing into each other - but I wanted to support her since she loves USC so much. It was fun though. We ate buffalo wings, she drank beer, we yelled at the tv & basically acted like guys. After that we were about to get into a cab & go to a party until the guy getting out, Young Pretend Mogul, charmed us into joining him & his identically named friends. Fashionista & I ended up zooming around the city with YPM for the next several hours as we enjoyed interesting substances. We bounced around some East Village places & ended up at a karaoke bar, where I managed not to strain my voice too much. After closing time all of us - about 10 people at this point, including Cute Gay Guy - traipsed over to Fashionista's. It was a lot of fun except YPM started acting more & more like an asshole. It was strange because at first he was so charming & nice & totally into me & as the night progressed, I could see his true colors coming out. He wouldn't stop squabbling with F & CGG, the kind of serious squabbling that you get scared if your parents engage in, which was weird because it was too early to stop trying to impress me. Being nasty to my close friends is not on my list of desired qualities. Also he was very shady about himself & later I found out some jackass stuff he said to other people. In any case, it was amusing to see the microcosm of what our relationship would have been like without the bother of actually spending all that time & emotion on him. He probably would have hurt me so I'm glad.

I got home around noon today, whereupon I took a quick nap before my session. It was an outcall with a friend - I was really worried even though he's a long-time client of hers. The thing about outcalls, which is why I don't do them, is that a guy who has that much money to throw around is going to expect a lot for it. I'm not a wuss anymore, but it's hard to keep saying no & enforcing my boundaries. Fortunately everything turned out all right & we walked away with a small pile of cash. Now that you're all caught up, I'm going to go enjoy my KFC & crash.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can't support USC. I'm at Michigan. We will kick their asses. Tell Fashionista that your loyalty is pre-empted.

Renaissance Diva said...

How about this? When you're in town, & manage to persuade me to watch a football game, I'll support Michigan. Otherwise I'll root for the team of whomever I'm hanging out with. (Jewish Princess is also a USC fan.) & when no one is discussing football I will cheer for Sharapova. Someone really needs to play tennis with me soon.