Thursday, December 21, 2006

Catch-up

I've been a very busy woman lately. Let's see: Hedge Funder is permanently out of the picture for blowing me off when I didn't want to play with him one night. I've never slept with him & even though he says he's not dating other girls I don't trust him, so even if I weren't getting deeply involved with Tech Exec I wouldn't do him. I'm actually glad to see his true colors now, before undue complication.

I had the most fantastic lunch at L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon in the Four Seasons with this old guy Jewish Princess & I met when we had that crazy night a few weeks ago. The food is amazing in every way, at least to my untutored palate. I have never liked foie gras but after having it in several dishes there it might be my new favorite thing. Maybe it's even good for me, I have very low blood pressure anyway. We had the langoustine, chestnut soup, quail & scallop appetizers with hanger steak & steak tartare. The prices are astronomical for the amount of food - the bill was $350! - & it is worth every penny. (To be fair, it wasn't my money.)

I discovered when we went out on Thursday that Tech Exec broke up with all his other girls for me. [See also my semi-drunken post on this.] We went to Pastis with his friend/colleague & that guy's girlfriend, where TE could not keep his hands off me. Literally, he was kissing me every five seconds & trying to cop a feel so I had to keep reminding him that we were in a nice restaurant. We were totally the lovebirds everyone rolls their eyes at, saying "Get a room!" I don't care - I've been pretty starved for affection my whole life & someone who's not afraid to show his feelings is refreshing.

Less happily, not one but two dates walked me to the bus at 4am, earning them disfavor forever. Not broke guys either. Friday night was scary because I was tipsy, reading my book quietly, & this old guy came to sit by me & ask about it. I tried to politely rebuff his advances but I was afraid he'd make a note of where I live. Fortunately nothing happened. But what kind of guy lets a pretty girl go home on the bus at that hour? It's not safe. If he's poor & doesn't have $10 for cabfare then ride up with me. If he has $10, what the fuck. It's not a matter of feminism, it's looking out for my safety even if I'm broke.

Saturday I had brunch at Paris Commune with a new guy, Nice Lawyer, & ice-skated at Chelsea Piers. It's so much fun! I was doing pretty well until they started playing Beyoncé & I got too excited. I'm a good dancer but movement is different on ice, as I discovered to my chagrin when I fell spectacularly on my ass & elbow, knocking the wind out of me. There was a collective "oooh!" from everyone - all of whom had until this point politely pretended not to notice most mishaps. You know it's bad when that happens. I'm fine though, it was super fun.

Later I went out with Fashionista for another adventurous night. We were supposed to go to a party on Park Ave. South, & grabbed a bite at Sushi Samba 7 first (closer to her house). That's where I met the hot Asian model/financial consultant. F & I ended up hanging out with him & his friends the rest of the night & having a great time. Financier/Model & I have a lot in common - tattoos, taste in jewelry & women, & love of books, to mention a few - & I think I like him a lot. I kinda feel torn between my strong feelings for TE & my obvious wandering eye. Just the eye though, I was good. Also, F/M is so hot & has been around so many incredibly gorgeous women that I almost think he must be a player. His high assessment of my beauty is a bit baffling too. He called me on Sunday & Monday so at least I know he's trying to be sincere.

Sunday I had Treo problems. Basically, through my own stupidity, incompatible software & the second broken Treo 600, I lost several days' worth of notes & spent a couple hours talking to the insurance & phone companies. I managed to regain my zen after a few hours though, & took Fashionista to Resto Manager's restaurant to hang out (at his invitation). It was an uneventful night until he walked me to the bus.

I had a fitness evaluation on Monday where I learned that I've lost another 1% body fat. Yay!! I had a session with my favorite footslave after that - we had a lovely time catching up after all these months & he brought me the most beautiful silver Manolos.


Afterwards I met up with some of my girlfriends - Dancer was bartending & I brought Fashionista, Brooklyn Hottie & her friend, & Pixie Mistress who rents space at the same dungeon as me. Everyone got along famously! It was so wonderful to watch my friends hitting it off - they all actually ended up exchanging numbers. Totally awesome. We hit up Café Noir later, the Room, then Odessa Diner & finally I dragged my ass home around 6:30.

So now you're all caught up! I've been sitting in the Aruba airport waiting for my family for the last six hours because of some flight delays or cancellations. Not sure what's happening but it gave me a chance to remedy the neglect of my dear readers. Fingers crossed for me that they're on the last flight in tonight...

[Update: at the airport, a nice (non-Dutch) guy lent me his cell to call my parents & then offered to drive me the 7 miles to my hotel if they didn't show. I guess it's a good thing my family arrived so I didn't have to find out if he was a psycho killer.]

No comments: