Friday, September 15, 2006

another crazy night

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. I've just been practicing, stressing out & exercising, which I figured was really only interesting to me. Last night was a different story. Hedge Funder, whom I've gone out with a couple times, asked me to meet him at this bar downtown. I'd been talking to Fashionista & her roommate so I invited them too, because that's how I roll - with an entourage. Just kidding. We'd go to a loft party & then we'd join HF. Well, Fashionista has 2 roommates. The other one is Handsome Young Guy, whom I've also gone out with a bit. She brought him too! I tried to figure out what to do & then just said oh fuck it we'll all go & say he's gay. (We forgot, though.) So we're at this bar downtown. At one point HF, HYG & I are talking & HF starts telling HYG how I'm really special & beautiful, etc. & stroking my arm. I'm standing between the 2 of them, totally uncomfortable, watching them make friends & talk about me. HF blithely sails on & says to HYG, "You know how sometimes you meet the right girl at the wrong time?" (we went out once 2 years ago & started up again recently) as I berate myself silently for not managing this better. Oh it was so awkward. But I talked to HYG later & explained a little bit so it's ok & we're going out tonight. Dear god I hope they never hang out.

No comments: