Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Tales from the Dating Crypt

I've gone out with a good number of guys, & quite a few of them have been weird. Like this recent one. We met at a party, & he emailed me maybe a month later (!) to say hi. He also said something odd: "So I am wanting to learn more about the diva in you." ??? He's American, so it's not like he doesn't speak English well. I thought that was a bad sign, but I gave him a chance anyway. We met up for drinks on a Friday afternoon. He seemed nice & we got along pretty well. After I left, he texted that he'd wanted to kiss me. The way he said it was kinda strange but I shrugged it off again.

After a few more emails, he started flirting with me to the point where I was uncomfortable - it was just too much for people who had hung out only once. I wasn't even sure that had been a date until he said the stuff about the kiss. He started angling for punishment & requesting dirty notes, which escalated into demands for pictures of me in dominatrix gear. Then he texted me about "hooking up," which is a phrase I HATE even if we are actually having sex, & I asked him not to, & he continued using it in quotes as though he thought it was funny even though I disabused him of that notion. I stopped talking to him when he said, "either meet me this week in your dom outfit for a drink or email me a naked pic :-)" Man, guys can be freaks.

No comments: