Wednesday, November 15, 2006

help! I'm clicking & I can't stop!

I can't stop playing Minesweeper. I don't know what it is. I was obsessed with Freecell for a while but now I'm back to defusing bombs. I think I might get carpal tunnel but I can't stop trying to beat my times. I waste so much time procrastinating on it! I know I could make a program that would lock me out automatically after a set period of time but I want to fix the underlying problem. I'm not sure what I'm avoiding. Cleaning the apartment? (It is not a mess, just dusty & could be slightly better organized. I am a neat freak, after all.) Furthering my careers? I think I like the rigorous logic & order of the game. There aren't any fuzzy edges as in life - either there is a bomb or there is not, & if there is then I am dead. It's really quite comforting. OK, well you know why I'm up this late now. *explosion*

No comments: