Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Jon Fasman - The Geographer's Library

Not much time & many errands - was so caught up in what would happen next that I had to finish this book, & I highly recommend it. It's an enthralling story & though a bit confusing at the beginning with so many different strands of story, it rewards persistence. Basically it alternates between the present day, where a journalist investigates the slightly suspicious death of an engimatic small-town professor, & the past where several characters collect interesting objects in cold-blooded, frightening ways. The young journalist is a bit dense from the omnipotent reader's point of view, but that actually made it more realistic for me. If he'd caught on too quickly I would find it glib. I'm off to the library now for more booty. Let's hope I'll have enough reading material to get through nearly a week with my family.

No comments: