Saturday, September 16, 2006

fun on TV

Today I was in a pretend commercial for my friend Future Director. She's a smokin' hot chick I used to go clubbing with (when I was a party girl) who actually has a brain & ambitions. For her film class she made up some commercials, & for today's I played the wife, who is PMSing like crazy. She cast this very handsome guy as my husband who just rolls his eyes as I throw a wordless giant tantrum, including hitting him with a pillow. Finally he gets up to buy me tampons. It was hilarious to stomp around & be a total bitch - I never get to act a fool like that in real life. & I learnt more from half an hour of taping than auditing several acting classes. David Mamet is right - you learn acting by doing it, not necessarily by reading about it & following theories. So much fun! We are definitely filming some more stuff together.

No comments: