Friday, September 01, 2006

A good date

Last night I went out with Handsome Young Guy. We've kinda gone out twice - for drinks & parties. I wondered what he'd be like on a real date & I wanted to see if it would be more than "let's grab a drink." We had cocktails, then sushi at Nobu Next Door (very promising). I left my hair clip at the first place & he was such a sweetheart, he went & got it for me. I didn't even have to tell him my feet hurt.

He was hilarious & I had such a great time. I haven't had so much fun with anybody since I left the Ex-Boyfriend. I haven't let anyone kiss me either but I guess I really like HYG because we made out like a couple of teenagers. I'm smiling now just thinking about it. It's funny how sex can cloud one's judgment though... we haven't had sex, not even close, but I'm liking him more & more now & I think a big part of that is the whole fooling-around-all-night thing. It's hard to be objective when I keep daydreaming about him.

It was so nice to hang out with a guy again & not feel really weird & awkward because I'm so scared of men right now. Usually I want to keep them at arm's length - "No! Don't touch! Stay back over there!" - & it was such a relief to have some human contact, literally. Of course the Girlfriend & I play, but guys are different.

Well, it's about time to get on the plane. I hope there are no snakes. I'm in no condition to deal with any more problems, all speedy & over-tired & sniffly as I am. Bon voyage to me...

No comments: